Monday, December 17, 2012

Sally's Haul and Orly Swatches!

So I stopped by my local Sally's today in the ghetto to brave it out for the B2G1 for Orly at Sally's and left with more than I needed for sure haha. I was out for an Orly white but they sadly didnt have the one I wanted (all they had in white was the french collection) and I picked up a few other things too. I got Orly's Rage, Ingenue, and Fowl Play. Also I got a little Sally Girl glitter that doesn't have a name on it! The lighting isn't the best with it already being dark out but when I wear it I'll be sure to grab better swatches!


From L-R: Sally Girl, Ingenue, Fowl Play, and Rage.

The Sally Girl was a glitter. The swatch shows the effort after about two coats. its definitely a layering polish, trying to get it opaque would take up half the tiny bottle. Its mostly purple flitter, with some teal blue scattered throughout. It grabbed my eye because I have a lot of polishes I could see myself layering it over and it hits the light really well.

Ingenue is a rose gold shimmer glitter sort of chromatic. It reminds me of some of the stuff I've seen in the SOPI collection. Its not unique, I've seen a lot of it everywhere this winter, but I love the Orly formula and brush and how it applies. So I picked this one up. A bit sheer, it took me 3 coats to get that swatch but in the end a very pretty color.

Fowl Play is sort of a sheer purple jelly base with assorted sized pinkygold flakie glitter throughout it. It would look pretty over another color, but the flakies are too sheer for me. In the bottle the glitter is very present but it doesnt show well in the swatch, even in person. I was a bit disappointed in it, but its still pretty nonetheless, the swatch took me about 3 coats but it has a long dry time.

Rage is another glitter chromatic, straight up gold. A true gold unlike Luxe (which is sort of a champagne) and pretty opaque, the swatch only took two coats. It was still pretty opaque even with one coat. Its close to a one coater but polishes rarely are. Its pretty much the same as Ingenue except its gold. Again you can find this anywhere from SOPI to Essie, etc. But like I said I just love orly so I had to get it!


There is the rest of my Sally's haul. I got some swatch wheels. Im debating going through and swatching my entire collection (Its not that big persay but still would be an undertaking since I would have to swatch, put it in my excel doc, then move on). Orly thinner, IMN Northern Lights and the Out The Door topcoat, ION deep conditioner, and the ORLY Primetime. The ORLY primetime was reduced to 3.99 so i grabbed it. Its a no-chip basecoat primer, so I put it on then put basecoat, color, topcoat. Im not quite sure how that works against chipping, lol but Ill give it a try. Do you guys want to see my whole collection swatched??

2 comments:

  1. Definitely swatch your whole collection! why not. :) I Wish I would have started early with mine and kept up on it but I'm already over 500 bottles and I'm too lazy to do that much work now. Lol. the only thing I keep swatch wheels of are my indie polishes, I put them on the clear wheels so I can see how they'll look over other colors by holding it over the bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remove the captcha, it took me 3 tries to publish that comment. Lol.

    ReplyDelete